At The Strittmatter Companies, we are always looking to add highly-motivated and skilled people to our workforce. We offer a family-oriented environment, competitive salary and good benefits. There are many opportunities for advancement.
The Strittmatter Companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We have opportunities for administrative assistants, foreman, estimators, truck drivers, and many more.
Click on the link to read the job description.
The estimator for Strittmatter Contracting will be responsible for assisting in preparing bid packages and cost estimates for proposals. Will need a thorough understanding of the excavation/site development process. Understanding of Request for Bids and wording of contracts for costing of work to be accomplished. Knowledge/expertise of computer programs associated with cost estimating and earthwork and computer aided drafting. Ability to communicate with project managers, client offices receiving bids, government offices regarding permits, and all levels of employees.
• Understanding of earth and site excavation
• Understanding of geotechnical properties of soils
• Thorough understanding of cost estimating
• Understanding of project management
• Hands on experience with excavation/site development
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation – must be able to travel to and physically walk job sites
• Structural engineering knowledge
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree desired in engineering or construction management or equivalent experience
Manage the day-to-day operations of excavation/trucking jobs. Will be overseeing equipment, operators and laborers
• Responsible for crew on daily schedules and instructions.
• Overseeing the trucking operations on site
• Ensuring safety procedures are in place and followed.
• Determining what is required on a daily basis to complete the job within a timely manner
• May run equipment as required.
• Experience in heavy equipment operations.
• Ability to work with all personalities.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to read grade stakes.
• Understanding of dirt work and soil densities
Employee is responsible for ensuring that trucks enter correct load areas, keep job sites clean, dig/shovel dirt, ensure silt fence and security barriers are in location on our job sites.
• Be on job site and ensure cleanliness of site.
• Do whatever manual labor required for project team.
• Silt fencing and security fencing must be in place at all times.
This is a physical job with a lot of stretching, reaching, bending and walking. Employee must be able to communicate, follow directions, have transportation and have no problems in getting to work on time.
Employee is responsible for operating heavy track equipment such as gradalls, loaders, dozers, and excavators. Will be required to understand grade markings and do rough/finish grades. Must be experienced with the equipment and understand site development/excavation projects.
• Reading grade markings on job sites.
• Operator equipment in safe fashion in requirements for project.
• Must keep tracks/equipment clean and free of dirt and mud.
• Must understand all safety requirements in operating the equipment in close areas.
This is a physical job with a lot of sitting in the equipment, stretching, reaching, bending and walking. Employee must be able to communicate, follow directions, have transportation and have no problems in getting to work on time.
Will assist with management of construction projects. Time is split between field and office work. Must have understanding of construction contracts. Site development/earthwork experience as well as excellent leadership/management skills. A degree in construction management, civil engineering, or equivalent experience in the field.
Must possess a currently Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), Class A or B required.
• A clean driving record with a minimum of nine (9) months’ experience operating a dump truck, concrete mixer, or trash truck.
• Must understand the regulations put forth within the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations as they apply for hauling materials from job sites to dump sites.
• Must be 21 years of age.
• Must be able to read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with officials, understand highway traffic signs and signals, and to make entries on reports and records.
• Must possess a Department of Transportation Medical Card (DoT card).
Click here to fill out and submit a job application
Click here to fill out and submit a Truck Driver application
Click here to download the Truck Owner/Operator application